Master Sketching Techniques at the V&A
|Hosted by Sketchout|
|All materials and guidance|
Learn to think, observe and draw like an Artist! Sketchout’s workshops are a chance to rapidly and intensively improve your seeing and drawing skills in just one day!
Travel down the picturesque V&A Museum where we will teach you the fundamentals of observational drawing- the process of taking what your eye sees and converting it into art on paper. Your teacher will break the drawing process into 2 main areas – line and tone. You will master how to recreate the subject in front of you by break it down into smaller shapes and forms.
- The fundamental principles for recognising line, tone and scale.
- The importance of shading for depth and atmosphere/feel of a drawing
- Basic physical tips that improve your chances of getting the results that you want e.g. positioning, materials, subjects and sizing.
- Techniques to help you “loosen up” and engage with drawing in new, fun, dynamic ways.
- An understanding of “quality of line” and how this can affect the feel of you drawings and what you communicate with your drawings.
Schedule: Lunch Break at 1.15 pm and 2.15 pm.